Welcome to We The People USA. We hope you become an active, enthusiastic participant, and that you make every effort to keep these forums an open and productive environment for others.
The forums exist to encourage discussion on our core values: fiscal responsibility, constitutionally limited government, and free markets etc.; do your best to lead by example in creating a civil environment of mutual understanding and learning.
This is a privately owned forum, and we do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. Violation of the rules will result in a warning and possibly a ban, depending on the severity of the violation. Warnings will be issued by PM or by the warning system. Permanent bans under special circumstances are at the discretion of the administrators.
Here's how the Administrators Operate and implement the Rules, and how members should respond;
- Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated period. We take politeness very seriously. You are welcome to challenge others points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully.
Members must do this in response to offensive comments;
Do not respond in kind to the offending party.Simply say something like this if you feel you must reply," I disagree with that comment, you have your opinion I have mine" something neutral and to that effect but don't attack back. You have the right to defend your position but not to attack back!. Then if the offending party does not back off, Cut and paste the offensive comment/s to the Administrators for evaluation. If you do respond in kind to the offending party you will also be liable for action from the administrators.
Admins do this;
a. 1st offense notify originating party it is not tolerated, and to cease and desist and warn that further action will be taken if necessary
b. 2nd offense the offending Party/s will be a suspended from site for a week. Admins must be sure to include notification to the offending party/s that further offenses will result in longer suspension from site. .
c. 3rd Suspend Offending party/party's for a month include warning that if another breech of protocol happens after returning from suspension removal will be permanent.
d. 4th Permanent suspension and blocking offending party from returning under another screen name.
2. No content that is considered racist, sexist, obscene, objectionable, or otherwise offensive will be tolerated. Discussion of illegal activities is not allowed.
a. People will be allowed to complain about all groups, but should use terms like Islamic, Jihadist, Muslim, and using the same professional descriptors news media use for those and other groups.
3. Foul Language will not be tolerated. Use only language that could be printed in a newspaper.
a. Administrators will remove any foul language immediately when seen. Administrator will notify offending party to cease and desist via personal message informing them that all such foul language will be removed and a temporary suspension will be imposed for further violations.
b. Second Offense 1 week temporary suspension of member.
c. Third Offense one month suspension and stern warning that another offense will result in permanent suspension.
d. Fourth offense will be permanent suspension and blocking offending member from returning under another screen name.
- Violating a person’s privacy by publishing information that is private and personal without their permission is not allowed or acceptable.
5. We The People USA, as an organization, do not take an official stance on social issues (gay marriage, abortion, recreational drugs, and other topics). Individuals may discuss their own opinion, as long as it is civil and respectful; an individual’s posts do not reflect the organization’s viewpoints.
6. Any type of harassment of the members by trolls or site disrupters will be reason for immediate permanent removal from the site, and blocking offender from coming back..
7. Deliberate Overt Advertising of commercial products will not be tolerated. All such advertising will be immediately removed from site. Members may mention a product in passing but not promote it on site.
a. Repeated deliberate offenses will be dealt with from reminder to permanent removal.
8. No official commercial campaigning materials or endorsement of political candidates other than as a private preference or belief will be allowed.
a. Members may suggest for discussion the information found when vetting a potential candidate, they can request/survey other members for their comments about a candidate, and may even state a personal preference a certain candidate and give their personal reasons why they prefer them, but they may not run COMMERCIAL political ads for any candidate on the site.
b. Discussions must be held with proper decorum and not devolve into members sniping against each other. They may use their PRIVATE GROUPS to state their beliefs and preferences subject to the private site administrator's interpretation of the rules. (This does not mean the private site administrator may ignore the WTPUSA rules, but simply take a less strict stance on them within the confines of the private group..
9. Spamming, commercial or otherwise will not be tolerated neither will threats or bullying and will result in immediate suspension pending further investigation. This includes private message spam. Members are requested to cut and past a copy of any such and send them to the main Administrator for the group and for the Main Site Admin as well.
a. Repeat multiple offenders from the same email domains or IP addresses will have the email domains and IP addresses blocked, and if many IP's that come from the same range of IP's are used, that entire block of IP's will be blocked from the site.
10. Anything else that is found to be causing disunity among the members will be evaluated for possible actions. Under no circumstances will a person’s freedom of speech be infringed, but diatribes, tirades, pedagogic monologues or harangues not be approved of and will be dealt with accordingly on a case by case basis.
Rules subject to change without notice.
By posting or attaching material, the posting party warrants and represents that it owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received express permission to post or attach the material to the We The People USA forums from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants We The People USA and users of this forum the non-exclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material. All messages become the property of We The People USA, and users should not expect any messages posted in the forums to be private.