We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

25 States Say “No” to Syrian Refugees

That’s only half, still all states and all Americans vulnerable. Muslim terrorist boasts of freely crossing Europe’s borders and moc....

This is THE primary role of the federal government – PROTECTING AMERICAN CITIZENS!! Obama has pledged not to stop the Syrian invasion but to accelerate and increase the invasion. Dems & Republicans are doubling funding for it. And what about Somalis? Iraqis? Afghanis? Libyans? Yemenis? Saudis? Egyptians? Jordanians? What about Muslims who are not refugees but find other ways into the U.S.? Who is demanding an end to refugee resettlement programs and investigating the organizations involved in human trafficking? It’s a start, under tragic circumstances, but these issues will determine the future of America.

Source: 25 States Say “No” to Syrian Refugees and ISIS

by Daniel Greenfield

While Obama is doubling down on his plan to bring tens of thousands of Syrians to America, many of them with military training and a fanatical hatred of America, more states are taking a stand against these fake refugees and ISIS.

Wisconsin, Louisiana, Alabama, Georgia, Maine, Texas, Arizona, Michigan, Arkansas, Indiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Idaho, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Florida, Illinois, Oklahoma, New Mexico, New Jersey, Ohio, South Carolina and Kansas have all come out against dumping Syrian migrants into their states. (It is important to note that these Syrian “refugees” are coming out of countries like Jordan or Turkey where there is no war. That makes them economic migrants, not refugees. They cease to be refugees once they move beyond Jordan or Turkey to a wealthier country for economic reasons.)

The strength of their positions varies from state to state. Some are merely calling for extended reviews like Democrat Maggie Hassan in New Hampshire. Others are serious.

Governor Doug Ducey of Arizona offered one of the more comprehensively technical responses…

“Given the horrifying events in Paris last week, I am calling for an immediate halt in the placement of any new refugees in Arizona. As governor, I am invoking our state’s right under 8 USC, Section 1522 (a), to receive immediate consultation by federal authorities per the United States Refugee Act, and that the federal government take into account the concerns and recommendations of the state of Arizona as they are required to under federal law, in our efforts to keep our homeland safe. I also call on Congress and the President to immediately amend federal law to provide states greater oversight and authority in the administration of the placement of refugees. These acts serve as a reminder that the world remains at war with radical Islamic terrorists. Our national leaders must react with the urgency and leadership that every American expects to protect our citizens.”

In Louisiana, Bobby Jindal has issued an executive order that is one of the most extensive on the list.

NOW THEREFORE, I, BOBBY JINDAL, Governor of the State of Louisiana, by virtue of the authority vested by the Constitution and laws of the State of Louisiana, do hereby order and direct as follows:

SECTION 1: All departments, budget units, agencies, offices, entities, and officers of the executive branch of the State of Louisiana are authorized and directed to utilize all lawful means to prevent the resettlement of Syrian refugees in the State of Louisiana while this Order is in effect.

SECTION 2: The Louisiana State Police, upon receiving information of a Syrian refugee already relocated within the State of Louisiana, are authorized and directed to utilize all lawful means to monitor and avert threats within the State of Louisiana.

SECTION 3: All departments, budget units, agencies, offices, entities, and officers of the executive branch of the State of Louisiana are authorized and directed to cooperate in the implementation of the provisions of this Order.

North Carolina governor Pat McCrory has said that he wants the government to “cease sending Syrian refugees” to his state. In Indiana, Mike Pence is suspending resettlement pending Federal assurances. Nikki Haley in South Carolina gave a somewhat shaky statement on the subject, but appears to have somewhat come out against.

Governor LePage in Maine said, “To bring Syrian refugees into our country without knowing who they are is to invite an attack on American soil just like the one we saw in Paris last week and in New York City on 9/11. That is why I adamantly oppose any attempt by the federal government to place Syrian refugees in Maine, and will take every lawful measure in my power to prevent it from happening.”

In a radio address, the governor who has tried to make the state’s welfare policies less attractive to Somali welfare migrants, said…

“One of the first actions I took as Governor was to ensure Maine is no longer a sanctuary state that harbors illegal aliens. It’s important to follow federal law, and we work with law enforcement and other agencies to assist the federal government on immigration matters.”

“As a free state and country, we are always vulnerable to attack. The safety of our citizens comes first. We need responsible immigration policies to protect not only Americans, but all people.”

In Georgia, Nathan Deal has issued an executive order cracking down on any state agencies participating in resettlement efforts. Kansas governor Sam Brownback also stated that no state agencies will work in resettlement for Syrians. Chris Christie also switched gears and took a firm line against Syrian migration, despite once supporting it. Governor Mary Fallin in Oklahoma called for a suspension.

“My first priority as Governor is the safety of all Kansans. We must take immediate action to ensure terrorists do not enter the nation or our state under the guise of refugee resettlement. The recent attacks in Paris coupled with terrorist organizations indicating a desire to attack the United States are stark reminders of the dangers every nation faces.

“It is imperative that we take action where the White House has not.

“I have therefore directed all state agencies, departments, boards or commissions not to participate or assist in the relocation of Syrian refugees to Kansas. It is unfortunate that we must take this step to protect the safety of Kansans, but the federal government cannot guarantee that Syrian refugees coming to America would not be part of a terrorist organization seeking to harm our citizens.”

Wisconsin governor Scott Walker also took a firm line.

“In light of these horrific and tragic attacks, our first priority must be to protect our citizens.  Along with governors across the country, I have deep concerns about the Obama Administration’s plan to accept 10,000 or more Syrian refugees, especially given that one of the Paris attackers was reportedly a Syrian refugee.  In consultation with our Adjutant General, who also serves as my Homeland Security Advisor, it is clear that the influx of Syrian refugees poses a threat.

With this in mind, I am calling upon the President to immediately suspend the program pending a full review of its security and acceptance procedures.  The State of Wisconsin will not accept new Syrian refugees.”

Texas governor Greg Abbott wrote to Obama stating, “As governor of Texas, I write to inform you that the State of Texas will not accept any refugees from Syria in the wake of the deadly terrorist attack in Paris.

“Further, I and millions of Americans implore you to halt your plans to accept more Syrian refugees in the United States. A Syrian “refugee” appears to have been part of the Paris terror attack. American humanitarian compassion could be exploited to expose Americans to similar deadly danger.”

He pointed out that his state had come under attack by ISIS Jihadists. “The threat posed to Texas by ISIS is very real. ISIS claimed credit last May when two terrorist gunmen launched an attack in Garland, Texas.”

“Texas cannot participate in any program that will result in Syrian refugees any one of whom could be connected to terrorism being resettled in Texas. Effective today, I am directing the Texas Health & Human Services Commission’s Refugee Resettlement Program to not participate in the resettlement of any Syrian refugees in the State of Texas.”

Florida governor Rick Scott wrote to Ryan and McConnell asking them to protect Florida and the rest of the country by cutting off funding for Syrian resettlement.

Governor Robert Bentley of Alabama said, “I will not stand complicit to a policy that places the citizens of Alabama in harm’s way.”

“The acts of terror committed over the weekend are a tragic reminder to the world that evil exists and takes the form of terrorists who seek to destroy the basic freedoms we will always fight to preserve. I will not place Alabamians at even the slightest, possible risk of an attack on our people. Please continue to join me in praying for those who have suffered loss and for those who will never allow freedom to fade at the hands of terrorists.”

But there is good news for ISIS.

Governor Moonbeam in California is keeping the state open for refugee resettlement business. As does Malloy in Connecticut, Inslee in Washington, Dayton in Minnesotta and Raimondo in Rhode Island. Failed Vermont governor Peter Shumlin is extremely enthusiastic about Syrian migrants. As if they could save his health care failures.

If your state is not listed it’s time to call your elected officials.

Governors of these states have said no to Syrian refugees

Alabama  

Arizona 

Arkansas 

Georgia 

Florida 

Idaho 

Indiana 

Illinois 

Iowa 

Kansas

Louisiana 

Maine 

Massachusetts 

Michigan 

Mississippi 

Nebraska 

New Hampshire 

New Jersey  

North Carolina 

Ohio 

Oklahoma 

South Carolina 

Tennessee

Texas 

Wisconsin  

https://creepingsharia.wordpress.com/2015/11/17/25-states-say-no-to...

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

CAIR Whines GOP Governors “Un-American” For Rejecting Syrian Refugees After Paris Terror Attacks | BB4SP http://bb4sp.com/cair-whines-gop-governors-un-american-for-rejectin...
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/16/15) – The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today decried the “un-American” statements by a growing

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/16/15) – The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, today decried the “un-American” statements by a growing number of Republican governors in opposition to the acceptance of Syrian refugees into their states.

In a statement, CAIR said:

“Defeating ISIS involves projecting American ideals to the world. This un-American rejection of refugees, who will face significant security checks prior to entry, sends entirely the wrong message. Governors who reject those fleeing war and persecution abandon our ideals and instead project our fears to the world.”

CAIR is America’s largest Muslim civil liberties and advocacy organization. Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.

http://bb4sp.com/cair-whines-gop-governors-un-american-for-rejectin...

Un American, really well you can leave anytime you want, don't let the door kick you in the A--  on the way out...

Obama administration screening form for Syrian refugees

30 Governors Call For Halt To U.S. Resettlement Of Syrian Refugees

November 17, 2015 9:50 AM ET

Updated at 3:32 p.m. ET

Governors in 30 states across the country have now publicly asked for the resettlement of Syrian refugees to stop until security concerns can be addressed.

Those states include: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Ohio, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

All but one of those states has a Republican governor, with New Hampshire's Maggie Hassan as the lone Democrat.

Their objections rolled in by the hour yesterday, with some offering simple objections to refugees coming into their states and others issuing executive orders that instructed state agencies to do what they can to block Syrian refugees from being resettled in their states.

A senior Obama administration official said that a call was planned with governors and mayors across the country at some point on Tuesday.

It's not clear that governors have authority in this area given that immigration is a federal matter. When asked about it yesterday, State Department Deputy Spokesman Mark Toner said, "I think our lawyer is looking at that."

Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, one of 25 Republicans raising such objections, originally said yesterday, "I don't know that the states have the authority to decide whether or not we can take refugees."

Later in the day, Branstad put out a statement saying, "Until a thorough and thoughtful review is conducted by the intelligence community and the safety of Iowans can be assured, the federal government should not resettle any Syrian refugees in Iowa."

As we've reported, the Obama administration has pledged to bring in 10,000 refugees over the next year. So far, fewer than 2,000 have come in. The numbers remain relatively low because of the arduous security screening process that's in place, with coordination among federal law enforcement and intelligence agencies.

Administration officials say those procedures involve a review of all known biographical and biometric data. For Syrian refugees, there is a special layer of screening that includes in-person interviews with specially-trained staff to elicit testimony credibly. On average, it takes a Syrian refugee 18-24 months to gain admittance into the U.S.

Advocates for refugees have sharply criticized the governors' statements. Alison Parker of Human Rights Watch said, "The governors' announcements amount to fear-mongering attempts to block Syrians from joining the generous religious groups and communities who step forward to welcome them."

Presidential candidates have also weighed in, with Florida Sen. Marco Rubio telling ABC News on Sunday, "There is no background-check system in the world that allows us to find that out, because who do you call in Syria to background-check them?"

There are two Republican governors who are not asking for a pause on resettlements.

Utah's Republican Gov. Gary Herbert released a statement through his spokesman to the Salt Lake Tribune: "Utahns are well known for our compassion for those who are fleeing the violence in their homeland, and we will work to do all we can to ease their suffering without compromising public safety."

South Dakota's Republican Gov. Dennis Daugaard's chief of staff told the Argus Leader newspaper, "South Dakota has not received any Syrian refugees, and we do not believe we are going to."

Several Democratic governors affirmed that their states remain open to refugees from Syria, including those of Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Colorado, Washington and Hawaii.

A spokesman for Connecticut Gov. Dan Malloy, a Democrat, told the Hartford Courant, "We are continuing to work with and await guidance from the appropriate federal agencies on screening measures that will be taken. With that said, if refugees — many who are children fleeing a horrific, war-torn country — seek and are granted asylum after a rigorous security process, we should and will welcome them in Connecticut."

So on both sides of the aisle, there are calls for further explanation from federal officials about how the screening process works. And from the states, this debate will quickly move to Congress, where House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., called for a pause on Syrian refugees and Republican lawmakers put together a task force on the issue.

http://www.npr.org/2015/11/17/456336432/more-governors-oppose-u-s-r...

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is taking a wait-and-see attitude to the growing chorus of Republican leaders seeking a moratorium on Syrian refugees allowed into the United States.

WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid is taking a wait-and-see attitude to the growing chorus of Republican leaders seeking a moratorium on Syrian refugees allowed into the United States.

The Nevada Democrat told reporters Tuesday that it is too soon to suggest what should be done until lawmakers receive a thorough and detailed briefing on how the refugees are screened to ensure they pose no threat to national security.

The Obama administration is providing briefings to the House Tuesday evening and Senate Wednesday evening. Concerns about the program have spiked — particularly among Republican governors — since reports alleged that one of the Paris terrorists was a Syrian who passed through a refugee camp in Greece.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., each called for a "pause" in the program that has brought fewer than 2,000 Syrian refugees to the United States of the millions who have fled the war-torn nation.

"We need a pause or a moratorium because the American people are quite concerned and upset about the possibility of terrorists coming into our country through some kind of refugee program. I for one don't feel particularly comforted by the assertion that our government can vet these refugees," McConnell said.

Reid agreed that everything should be done to strengthen the vetting process but wasn't ready to press a pause button — given that the average Syrian refugee is vetted for 18 to 24 months.

"My personal feeling is wait until tomorrow. I don't think we should be pausing until we get the facts," Reid said.

Sen. Dean Heller, R-Nev., sees every reason for a pause.

On Monday, he sent Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval a letter urging him to reject Syrian refugees from being relocated to the state until it is clear to Heller that the program effectively protects against terror threats. Heller has also sent a letter to Secretary of State John Kerry and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson requesting clarification about how the refugee program guarantees American and Nevadan safety.

more at link below

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nevada/reid-waits-take-stand-syri...

Obama Just Responded To Americans’ Concern About Syrian Refugees In A Shocking Way

To date, more than half of the nation's governors have urged Obama to stop his Syrian refugee resettlement program.

As Americans fear the United States may suffer a terrorist attack similar to Friday’s carnage in Paris, President Obama Tuesday was apparently mocking anyone who disagreed with his plan to bring Syrian refugees to America.

To date, more than half of the nation’s governors have urged Obama to stop his Syrian refugee resettlement program. House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wis., has urged a slowdown of admitting these refugees.

But to Obama, it is all “political posturing,” according to a White House pool report.

He said that Republican critics who have pointedly revealed flaws in the administration’s ability to screen out potential terrorists “are scared of widows and orphans coming into the United States of America.”

Obama added, “At first they were too scared of the press being too tough on them in the debates. Now they are scared of three year old orphans. That doesn’t seem so tough to me.”

here is his video

http://www.westernjournalism.com/obama-just-responded-to-americans-...

Thanks for this post Kathyet...You are always providing great info...My state..which is officially named the # 1 conservative state in the nation...is refusing to take any of them..but they are quietly and without notification..slipping them into many of our states without knowledge of our authorities...If any terrorists are  slipped in here..Our state has a redneck behind every blade of grass in this state...rednecks are not PC in dealing with those kinds of scum...they are known for looking out for the weak and vulnerable..including the elderly and women and children...If necessary they will shoot them down like the dogs that they are and using pork larded bullets to do it....That will quickly end their death wish for Paradise...LOL

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly