We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

There are many people, some who erroneously call themselves conservatives, panting at the idea of and calling for a Constitutional Convention as a resolution to the dilemma of politicians ignoring and violating the current document.  What those poor, demented fools don't understand, despite my numerous attempts to enlighten them, is that the ruling class political elitists will either abolish the current document altogether, which is the most likely outcome, or continue to ignore any restraints on their power.  Power hungry despots, if the Article V idea were to succeed, will only continue the treasonous actions they currently engage in because they hold We the People and the idea of God-given rights to be absurd at the best and dangerous to their absolute power at worst.  Tyrants like barak obama, harry reid, nancy pelosi, mitch mcconnell, and their henchmen see themselves as better, smarter, and more deserving of power than the "unwashed masses" of peasants called We the People and will simply ignore any addendums an Article V would put on them.  The only solutions to our current situation are a return to the Judeo/Christian precepts the nation was founded on or a full blown rebellion as our founders went through, and that rebellion on the doorstep. 

read more:

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2016/01/article-v-convention-i...

Views: 829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

kevin, just the point I was making. the treacherous trash in charge now won't suddenly decide they have no choice to comply because We the People say they must.

Bob,

No one said it was going to be easy to get them to comply. Consider this though; If the Constitution requires them to do something like term limits or create a balanced budget based on the last years tax revenues  or face expulsion from Congress, or even an amendment that clarifies the 2nd stating that every Adult non-felon had the right to own and carry any weapon in the military arsenal, if they did not comply, the American people would then rise up against them and forcibly remove them from office.

Granted some of the scenario's I used are far fetched, but that was to drive home a point. If the politicians were to blatantly disobey any new amendments the people put forth they would become the criminal rebels that started the conflict and even in the worst Dictatorship, the people in power can not stand against the people themselves.

the only way to get compliance is by revolution because they will not suddenly obey the Constitution because we say they must so revolution is inevitable, that or slavery to communism.that means revolution will come in spite of an Article V cos, the point I made to start with.  thanks for backing my original premise.

Bob,

I can't sanction a revolution to make them comply. We have the bloodless means we must try first and foremost.

Which means have remained untried?

The people, through the State Legislatures, have not petitioned for an Article V amendment proposal convention yet.It came close with the movement for a balanced budget amendment but Congress enacted the Gramm-Ruddman act to fore stall it and the Supreme Court declared that act unconstitutional two years after the act passed and public support for an Article V dissipated. If the states petition for it the Congress does not have a say in the proposed Amendments, nor can they propose amendments at that petitioned for convention. That fact is the politicians current nightmare. This is how we strip them of their usurped powers legally.

If the power was usurped, meaning illegally, there are no illegal means to regain it.

The contract is broken and thus we entered in effect WROL.

There may well be undesirably distasteful means but none are illegal again as the contract was broken by the government.

Do you understand the difficulties (even impossibilities) of holding to the contract on one side (the people) while allowing the other (the feds) to operate freely outside said contract?

No lesser source than Jefferson himself believed every generation (a period of 20 to 50 years for perspective) must have its revolution or else liberty dies. Holding against revolution is indeed siding with tyranny if it be on just general principle as you seem to suggest.

Again, they will simply ignore the Amendments until enough of them die for doing so.  You don't seem to understand the evil in the people running things

I don't "sanction" a revolution either, but one is inevitable because the tyrants will not listen to We the People now nor will they adhere to a cos any more than they adhere to what they should adhere to now.  I am not endorsing, only pointing out the inevitable.  I would much rather see the politicians follow the Constitution now, rendering further actions unnecessary.

I think the term revolution has gotten a fairly bad reputation, I would say undeserved for the purposes we are discussing but none the less people have been conditioned to think of it as barbaric but it does serve a necessary function.

I wonder to whom's benefit that works?

The revolution I refer to is one like the one that fathered this nation, a war for liberty from tyrants.

One thing I can say for sure is the worse the regime that is revolted against the worse the people involved in the revolution. It is almost a given that oppression does not build a populace that understands liberty as the longer it goes on the more likely that things will produce at best a lighter boot on one's neck.

Looking back we can compare the relatively mild oppression of the British empire with that of the horrid tactics of the Czars. Despite what we may have been led to think there was as much interest in Jefferson as there was in Marx at the beginning of the Russian revolt.

So what is the motive for delay? Question that a bit.

It is from my view a matter of of the good being bred out of the people over time, no one trusts anyone else and no one is really worthy of it.

Frankly we are generations overdue and the longer it goes on the worse things will be.

Just my take on it.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal