We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

The Dutch Tulip Bubble of 1637
The later part of the 20th century saw its share of odd financial bubbles. There was the real-estate bubble, the stock market bubbles, and the dot com bubble, just to name a few. In each instance of price inflation people paid exorbitant amounts for things that shouldn’t have been worth anything like the going price. And each time people stood around afterwards and said “What were we thinking?”

One has to believe that the same thought occurred to the Dutch in the 17th century when they settled down after their bout with tulipomania, wherein the humble tulip bulb began to sell for prices to make New York Realtors blanch.

As much as the tulip is associated with Holland, it is not native there. Rather it was introduced in 1593 by a botanist named Carolus Clusius, who brought it from Constantinople. He planted a small garden, intending to research the plant for medicinal purposes. Had Clusius’s neighbors been morally upright, the tulip might still be a rare exotic in the gardening world. Instead they broke into his garden and stole some of his bulbs in order to make some quick money, and in the process started the Dutch bulb trade
http://www.damninteresting.com/the-dutch-tulip-bubble-of-1637/
Just sayin!

Views: 5726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bull, Muslims have been attacking Jews for thousands of years and ever since the state of Israel has been formed they have tried to destroy them. This is nothing new going on with the conflict between Israel and some of its Muslim neighbors. What has changed in the last 50 years regarding this conflict is that Russia and China have been helping them maintain this continual battle only they keep the Muslim countries on a very tight leash. Neither Russia or China want to see Israel perish. It is a golden cow that they will use to their advantage for as long as they need to. If China and Russia wanted Israel out of the picture they would simply release the leash and it would be done. The radical Muslim population is no threat to America or any industrialized country, except when you couple them with Russia and China.

Who said it was new?

Bull. This is great stuff.

Muslim Brotherhood is advancing their Caliphate into American Government

Obama tells people in other countries that Americans are lazy....

With oboma job approval at around 50% this is where we are.
Tent Cities Full Of Homeless People Are Booming In Cities All Over America As Poverty Spikes.
Just like during the last economic crisis, homeless encampments are popping up all over the nation as poverty grows at a very alarming rate. According to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, more than half a million people are homeless in America right now, but that figure is increasing by the day. And it isn’t just adults that we are talking about. It has been reported that that the number of homeless children in this country has risen by 60 percent since the last recession, and Poverty USA says that a total of 1.6 million children slept either in a homeless shelter or in some other form of emergency housing at some point last year. Yes, the stock market may have been experiencing a temporary boom for the last couple of years, but for those on the low end of the economic scale things have just continued to deteriorate.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-12/tent-cities-full-homeless-...

I’m Deplorable and I’m Proud

Friday night, Hillary Clinton said out loud what our progressive friends have long been thinking. It may cost her the election.

Half of Donald Trump’s supporters, claimed Hillary, were merely anxious about the future. The other half belonged in a "basket of deplorables." What made them deplorable, said Hillary, was that they were "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, you name it."

Having been called all of these things, I can assure you that to be so defamed one need only express a common sense opinion on, say, affirmative action, gender differences, traditional marriage, immigration or terrorism -- an opinion that the defamer may have held as recently as yesterday.

In my 2015 book, Scarlet Letters, I explored the desperate urge felt by Hillary and her fellow travelers to demonize their fellow citizens. My inspiration came in watching an HBO documentary called Fall to Grace and directed by Alexandra Pelosi -- yes, Nancy’s daughter. Pelosi revealed, without intending to, how easily the failure to follow the shifting multicultural creed could become a “sin.”

The documentary tracks the career of former New Jersey governor, Jim McGreevey, the self-dubbed “gay-American” disgraced in a sex and security scandal. In one passing scene, McGreevey enters an Episcopal Church ostensibly more welcoming than the hidebound Catholic Church of his childhood. The message board on the church front reads, “Lord help us overcome the sins of racism, sexism, classism, and homophobia.”

Had the message board been bigger, I argued, the good pastor might have added xenophobia, Islamophobia, and global warming denial. “Although there are many other ways an individual can go wrong,” I wrote, “these stand for the moment as the seven new deadly sins.” In her speech Hillary cited five of the seven. By concluding with the phrase “you name it,” she encouraged her audience to conjure up some other new sin, “transphobia” perhaps.

The rubric “multicultural” does not really capture the spirit of Hillary’s mutant progressive faith. It is too benign a term. In truth, the faithful have less interest in celebrating the many colors of their rainbow than they do in condemning those who resist the celebration. For the record, the audience at this LGBT gala laughed when Hillary trashed her fellow citizens.

That resistance, as Hillary seems to believe, is born out of hatred -- hatred of blacks, of gays, of immigrants, of Muslims, of women. “Hate” is the umbrella sin for all dissenters. For all of their postmodern prattle about relativism and multiculturalism, progressives like Hillary have proved quicker to judge and harsher in their judgments -- “basket of deplorables,” oh my!-- than the most spiteful Puritan divine.

“Throughout the western world,” author Mark Steyn has observed, ‘tolerance’ has become remarkably ‘intolerant,’ and ‘diversity’ demands ruthless conformity.” As Hillary made much too obvious, progressive multiculturalism may well be the most judgmental, vengeful, unforgiving quasi-religious sect abroad in the western world today, Islam included.

Black author Shelby Steele coined the phrase “zone of decency” to describe the sacred preserve in which progressives imagine themselves clustering. To distinguish themselves from lesser mortals, argued Steele, they are quick to “decertify” those who do not embrace the values du jour. As Steele argued, progressives need “only the display of social justice to win moral authority.”

Throughout her career, Hillary has shifted her positions to avoid decertification by the left’s Red Guard. In 2003, for instance, she told a radio audience she was “adamantly against illegal immigrants.” When she ran for president in 2008, she considered marriage "a sacred bond between a man and a woman,” the same position that cost the “homophobic” Carrie Prejean the Miss USA title months later.

Then, too, the Clintons have committed their fair share of arguably real sins. Any number of witnesses have heard Hillary using anti-Semitic slurs. In 2008, Bill Clinton joked to Ted Kennedy about Barack Obama, "A few years ago, this guy would be getting us coffee." In the 2016 campaign, Hillary has used retired general Wesley Clark as a surrogate despite his call to put Muslims suspected of disloyalty in internment camps. And for at least forty years now, Bill has been preying on vulnerable women, occasionally violently, and Hillary has been enabling him.

Yet by the simple act of displaying her rainbow flag and decertifying at least a quarter of all Americans as racist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, and even sexist, Hillary is allowed to pose as a social justice warrior.

In Scarlet Letters, I highlight those individuals who have resisted the left’s cultural pogroms, among them Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson, a Trump supporter. Robertson understood the nature of the religious war being waged. The struggle was not between left and right in any political sense. It was a struggle between the politically correct and the “biblically correct.” The “hate” that Hillary and her peers assign to those who oppose them is, Robertson believes, a hatred towards God.

I would not go so far as to call Trump “biblically correct,” but almost alone among the Republican candidates he has shown the will to resist. On June 10, 2015, just as my book was coming out, I wrote an article titled, “If Only GOP Candidates Would Say This.” In my opening sentence I contended, “The Republican nominee for president will be that candidate who best learns that there is no future in apologizing.”

“The only way to beat [the left],” I wrote, “is to stand your ground, to not apologize for yourself or for your political allies, even those less verbally adroit. An apology is never enough.” Progressives, I added, “want you to grovel, and then they want you gone.”

I did not even mention Donald Trump in the article. I did not know he was running. But love him or not, he stands his ground. That is why he might very well be the next president of the United States.

Friday night, Hillary Clinton said out loud what our progressive friends have long been thinking. It may cost her the election.

Half of Donald Trump’s supporters, claimed Hillary, were merely anxious about the future. The other half belonged in a "basket of deplorables." What made them deplorable, said Hillary, was that they were "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic, you name it."

Having been called all of these things, I can assure you that to be so defamed one need only express a common sense opinion on, say, affirmative action, gender differences, traditional marriage, immigration or terrorism -- an opinion that the defamer may have held as recently as yesterday.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/09/im_deplorable_and_i...

“Throughout the western world,” author Mark Steyn has observed, ‘tolerance’ has become remarkably ‘intolerant,’ and ‘diversity’ demands ruthless conformity.” As Hillary made much too obvious, progressive multiculturalism may well be the most judgmental, vengeful, unforgiving quasi-religious sect abroad in the western world today, Islam included

What others are saying. .

http://www.fastnote.com/hillary-clinton

How big is Hillary’s basket of deplorable?
I suppose that if you believe that Illegals are in fact breaking immigration law and they need to go home you may be xenophobic. If you believe that traditional biblical marriage is a religious contract between a man and a woman you may be homophobic. If you believe that abortion for no other reason than your pregnancy is too great an inconvenience to you is wrong, you may be sexist. If you believe that all lives matter you may be a raciest. If you believe that there is no place for Islamic sharia or Islamic law in America, then you may be Islamophobic. If you believe that the law applies equally to everyone with out regard to who or what you are, you may be a Trump supporter.

Perfectly stated Bull...Today the NCAA said it  is pulling tournament play out of North Carolina because of the LGBT issue. I hope Donald tells everyone that he is Happy the NCAA did that. The reason Donald should be happy is because when he becomes POTUS he can get more tax revenue for some projects because he can and will pull the tax exemption status from NCAA. .If the Churches can not preach politics and maintain tax exemption, then neither should the NCAA be able too. So I say thank you for the extra money NCAA.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly