We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

The Dutch Tulip Bubble of 1637
The later part of the 20th century saw its share of odd financial bubbles. There was the real-estate bubble, the stock market bubbles, and the dot com bubble, just to name a few. In each instance of price inflation people paid exorbitant amounts for things that shouldn’t have been worth anything like the going price. And each time people stood around afterwards and said “What were we thinking?”

One has to believe that the same thought occurred to the Dutch in the 17th century when they settled down after their bout with tulipomania, wherein the humble tulip bulb began to sell for prices to make New York Realtors blanch.

As much as the tulip is associated with Holland, it is not native there. Rather it was introduced in 1593 by a botanist named Carolus Clusius, who brought it from Constantinople. He planted a small garden, intending to research the plant for medicinal purposes. Had Clusius’s neighbors been morally upright, the tulip might still be a rare exotic in the gardening world. Instead they broke into his garden and stole some of his bulbs in order to make some quick money, and in the process started the Dutch bulb trade
http://www.damninteresting.com/the-dutch-tulip-bubble-of-1637/
Just sayin!

Views: 5726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Libertarians’ Primary Goal Over The Next Four Years? Defeat The Alt-Right
Over the last eight years, libertarians have appropriately exhausted all of their resources fighting the creeping influence of collectivism. Now, a different enemy to liberty has reared its head in the United States in the form of the alt-right.

While Donald Trump himself is likely not a member of this movement, he has no doubt harnessed its energy to win election to the White House. Numerous media outlets, including most prominently Breitbart, have carried the torch for a group most easily described as neo-fascism with an American spin.

Now, as Trump prepares for inauguration day, white nationalists and other troublesome figures have emerged on the alt-right. On Monday, the leader of an alt-right conference concluded his remarks by stating “Hail Trump! Hail Our People! Hail Victory!” Steve Bannon, a former prominent staffer at the aforementioned Breitbart, has been placed in a major role with the future administration. Kris Kobach, the Kansas Secretary of State, has met with Trump and insists that a Muslim registry and border wall is on its way.

http://www.freemarketcentral.com/post/3644/libertarians-primary-goa...

Meh nailing down libertarians is like herding cats, not a herd mentality.

Now if we are talking about that thing over at the Libertarian Party well most libertarians haven't claimed them in decades no more than a classic liberal claims the DNC or conservatives the RNC. 

But this is just another case of those that should be allies instead fighting.

It is just safe to attack the alt-right now, like Trump they have few friends anywhere and have pissed off a lot that sorely needed it. 

Like herding Cats..lol... That is a good comparison. I like to think myself as a Libertarian, but it is hard to find another Libertarian that see`s things the same as me. As much as it is frustrating. It is also how it should be. The Constitution is for everyone. All walks of life have individual rights , just the same. I am conservative . But I realize conservatism or Liberalism ,have nothing to do with the Constitution.We get too hung up on life style differences. That is the division that the evil wants....It is the Constitution that we all want as our core uniting factor. I think Trump just might pull off uniting us all by using the Constitution. Let us on the right be the Grown ups. We have to be because the left can not be...No more PC....Thanksgiving dinners will be a good teaching time. Bring your patience and be the bigger person in the political scrum at the dinner table.

Ultra Right that would be Anarchist street dwellers and the under the table contractors. Anyone who does not want government nor has any need for government services that is until they need them.

other than postal, monetary  and security services what services does the fed gov have authority to provide??

The key word is authority which is contradicts what they are doing.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/#

Alt left vs Alt right? Were are the real bigots?
Alan Dershowitz: Bigotry Of Far Left Has To Be Called Out, and ‘Obama Hasn’t Done Enough’
On Tuesday’s broadcast of “CNN Tonight,” attorney and author Alan Dershowitz criticized President Barack Obama for not calling out Black Lives matter and Representative Keith Ellison (D-MN) for their bigotry, and “we on the liberal side have to call out the bigotry on the left as strongly as people on the right have to call the bigotry of the far right.
http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/11/24/alan-dershowitz-bigotry-o...

It seems like a few on the left are changing their tune a little. Maybe some blue dogs are in the making.. That would be nice...I think all this talk about draining the swamp have some positive vibes going on... There I go being optimistic again... I just can`t help myself.

National Public Radio launched an investigation of “fake news” sites — which Democrats blame for President-elect Donald Trump’s victory — and found, to its surprise, that the “godfather” of fake news is a liberal Democrat from Culver City, California.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/11/24/npr-finds-fake-n...

NPR imagine that!

NPR is a union shop.
Unions put Obama the Antisemite, in office.
The media has fostered all the hate speech and propaganda for years without being called out.
They should be destroyed.

De funded.

I seriously hope they recount the election. I believe that many displays of criminal acts will be exposed....Would it be great if the actual popular count had Trump in lead by a few Million votes. Hillary`s campaign was run on a premise that she is owed the White House. She is an Elite Snob.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly