We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

Scalise sends warning to GOP whip team

The letter as reported above is a good one as it attacks the need to align with democrats to pass legislation. The true story of Boehner's bypassing the party base with this tactic cost him his job and Scalise rightfully questions the premise that 150 republicans support legislation that only 76 vote for.

The 150 lie is important because it was decided that 50% of republicans needed to support a measure before you could bring it to the floor for a vote. As a result the establishment says we have support from 150 republicans so it can go to the floor and then its passed by democrats with the help of just 76 republicans.

When the democrats are in charge all bills pass with democrat support and until Boehner came to power when republicans had control so did they. It is a crime to see 76 establishment republicans in the house use their leadership positions to thwart the will of the voters that sent them there.
In this election cycle we need to support candidates that run against these turncoats in the house.

If we are serious about taking back our party we need to work to remove these 76, at the moment 6 of them have seen the writing on the wall and decided not to run. There are others like Renee Ellmers that are in real trouble but that's not enough to tip the balance.

Look at your own rep and find their rating at https://www.conservativereview.com/ if its an A or a B then make sure you get out and vote for them. Volunteer to help if you can so we keep our good conservatives in office. Then look at the others in your state if a rep has an F or a D and is running for reelection, and they have a primary challenger that is conservative do what you can to help, send money work the chat rooms to support them by educating voters about the incumbents record.

We have the best opportunity in years to make a difference, lets tap into the movement and take back the GOP. After the changes that took place in the last few elections we have gotten strong enough to take down Boehner and now we need to finish the job by taking down the last 76 representatives in our way.

Good Luck and God Bless 

Views: 667

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am encouraged as well DV..Lord willing..Conservatives are on a ROLL!!!!!

The house acutaly passed a bill that required no democrat vote even though they chimed in, the bill replaces the 

NCLB

God bless America maybe things are changing!

Just talked to my son, the phones in the house lite up as word of the Ryan's leadership group was going to pass BS legislation with Dem support. Ryan does not want to go the way of Boehner so he is working with conservative to try and work a deal to get things passed by republicans. Trump has awakened the silent majority, hallalujah 

Republicans are triping over them self's trying to prove they are conservative, what a change:

Senate Cuts 5 Times More Spending Than House in Reconciliation Bill

The Senate will vote this week on a reconciliation bill that repeals the budgetary heart of Obamacare and restricts funding for Planned Parenthood. This is a vast improvement over the House-passed bill, which restricts Medicaid funding for abortion providers but neglects to repeal the core provisions in Obamacare.

The Senate bill repeals most of the new spending programs, including the premium subsidies and Medicaid expansion, and most of the taxes. The bill also eliminates the individual and employer mandate penalties, repeals the Obamacare risk corridor and reinsurance programs that can be used to bailout private insurers, and sets up a transition period for Congress and the next president to replace the health care law with a proposal that reduces costs for families and the federal government. Finally, the bill restricts Medicaid funding for abortion providers affiliated with Planned Parenthood Federation of America.

The House’s anemic opening bid was blamed on a procedural hurdle unique to the Senate known as the “Byrd rule,” which prohibits provisions that are extraneous to the budget process from being included in reconciliation bills. Before the House passed their bill, we warned that their assumptions about what can be accomplished using reconciliation in the Senate were incorrect. 

While we know that the Senate can go farther on repeal, this bill is a strong down payment toward that goal and toward stopping funding for Planned Parenthood.

Good news DV...this needs to be done even if  Obama..vetoes it...Maybe we can override the veto...We need to get the news out that it is being tried at least....

After years of Beohner sucking up to Nancy and Obama amd getting what she wants, Ryan slaps her in the face. Thank god the trial balloon he sent up cause the base to rise up. 

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) teed off Thursday on the Republicans' omnibus spending bill, saying the GOP's initial offer for funding the government constitutes a "Tea Party policy wish list" that "literally takes your breath away." 

"This is not an appropriations bill with a few policy riders," Pelosi told reporters in the Capitol. "This is a Tea Party policy wish list with an appropriations bill as an addendum to it. 

"This is not the way you … fulfill a budget that fulfills the needs of the American people."

Pelosi and the Democrats wasted no time this week rejecting the Republicans' initial package to fund the government through September, citing more than 30 "poison pill" policy attachments the Democrats deem unacceptable.

The Democrats have declined to release the full list of objectionable provisions, but Pelosi, in vague terms, cited several measures she said would empower Wall Street banks and other special interests at the expense of consumers and working families.

"What they sent us … takes your breath away," she said. 

Pelosi accused GOP leaders of hijacking the negotiations between bipartisan appropriators in both chambers. 

She said those negotiators were working carefully to eliminate the riders they knew were non-starters with the other party, only to have Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) ignore that progress.  

"They [appropriators] knew what that threshold was. It wasn't something I said. … They had all that judgment knowing their caucuses," Pelosi said. "What came back to us was eliminating all the work that they had done. And that was disappointing."

Pelosi, who spoke with Ryan by phone Tuesday before the Republicans delivered their initial proposal, said she hasn't spoken with the Speaker since then.

"My response was the response that the appropriators put together," Pelosi said, referring to the Democrats' counteroffer, which was delivered to GOP leaders Wednesday night. "This has largely been done at the appropriations level."

She didn't say whether the Democrats' counteroffer included anything from the party's wish list that would be a non-starter with Republicans.

Republican appropriators, meanwhile, are preparing their counteroffer to the counteroffer, which they intend to deliver to the Democrats as early as Thursday, according to a GOP aide.

"I'm hopeful and I look forward to seeing their counter," Pelosi said.

They're running out of time. Without congressional action, large parts of the federal government will close after Dec. 11.

The house has now had a second bill passed with near all the republicans voting for it, It is a new day in congress and it has been long awaited. But let me warn if your rep is a rino don't reelect because of these changes. they still need to go. 

God Bless America

Today I read an article that made me smile over at the Hill, it was written by Judd Greg and it talks of a new era in the house is needed, he says that it is time for Paul Ryan to stand up and lead. He talks about starting the new year direction comity chairmen to go to a quite place with there comities democrats and all and figure out the problems of our nation. In effect it tells Ryan we need bipartisanship in the house.

For those of you tired of the Boehner years with all the cross party negotiations you are probably wondering why this is such a good article. The truth be told when ever the media starts talking about the need for Republicans to work with democrats it because they aren't, and if the Ryan crew is moving away from bipartisan legislation that's good and makes me happy. So my Christmas present was delivered in an op-ed piece begging republicans to include democrats in drafting legislation.

Its a new day in Washington lets hope it lasts.

God Bless

The 1.1 trillion bill was released as a 1.6 trillion bill tonight. Ryan said we got a better deal then we would have from the 1.1 trillion bill. One Republican in the room pointed out all the riders the GOP wanted have been removed so it appears Ryan pulled a Beohner and did the deal with dem's giving them what he want. Ryan has not changed except to extend the excess spending for a longer period. 

Rand Paul is by far the most fiscal conservative on the stage..Washington politicians are addicted to spending.Both sides of the aisle are guilty.The Republicans are responsible for a good part of the debt.

Well the details of the new bill are starting to come out and I can see why the deal will pass, its seems it is packed with these spending priorities. PORK PORK PORK PORK PORK and then there is more PORK

I didn't forget PORK did I? I hate it when that happens. 

DV you got any links or details about the bill other than opinion sure would like to read something factual

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly