We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

Crooked politicians must be held accountable for the crimes they have done. Trump is the only one who will do it. To elect a POTUS who will not prioritize fixing our criminal political system will not be good enough for me.We will not get another one like Trump ,who will bitch slap the evil out of Washington politics..No one can deny that Trump is crazy enough to do it. But he needs us to want it fixed. He can not stand alone..This is that time in history. The time that many have hoped. Turn your back on this opportunity,and we are done. THAT IS THE TRUTH OF IT.

Views: 12414

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting TVC, I consider myself one of those pests who does not support Trump and although I am not a liberal I have said many good things about Trump then I have bad. My only reason for not supporting Trump is he would be disastrous for the country as president. I have never said he does not have good intentions for the country, I am just pointing out the reality of the world situation. China and Russia would never sit still for a minute and put up with the threats Trump has indicated he plans to use. China and Russia are the only two world powers today that can fully back up what they say. It is not even a contest to challenge either of these world powers. They have the ability to completely disable America in seconds, no military action is necessary. If Trump were ever to get to the oval office he will learn that very quickly, but Trump is not a person who accepts being second, and there lies the problem. China and Russia could care less how Trump takes the bad news.

That is where my concern begins. I believe we need time to address the challenges we face. I don't like starting a fight I know we can't possibly win. I would rather take my chances that we can improve our position and increase our chances of winning. If we act now there is no second chance.

Fair enough. Since you make a serious assertion, permit me to address it.

I reject the premise that China and Russia are world powers to be feared by us.

Previously., I listed a series of self inflicted military calamities that befell Russia since Gustavus Adolphus in the 17th century stretching to Afghanistan in 1989; so I will not repeat it here. I have no reason to believe that the Russian Military has learned anything from the error of their ways.

As for China, while arguably the world's oldest Empire; they were never a threat to anyone outside their sphere, for thousands of years. In fact the much smaller Japanese Empire defeated them w/regularity.

While both of these large nations have significant land mass and populations neither has ever produced an Alexander, a Julius Caesar, a Napoleon, a Helmut VonMoltke, among others; who would strike fear in the very bones of their adversaries.

everything you say is true TVC, however the issue of world power is earned by today's standardards not what has happened in the past. Russia and China have been developing their world capabilities to be the world power for more than 50 years. From the beginning they learned that military might will not be the asset that brings them that status. Technology is the tool to achieve that power. Technology so great that it prevents all other nations the ability to exist let alone defend itself. Technology knowledge is not how big your army is or how many weapons you have or how much land you control or numbers of citizens you might have. Technology knowledge is the ability to close all gates at any time any place without using a single form of aggression. The days of world power by force is long over. Only those who waste their time building and developing new weapons put themselves further and further behind the leaders. Russia and China could turn over every nuclear weapon they own and it wouldn't change the balance of power a fraction. They have learned you can make any weapon obsolete and ineffective using technology.

Again, fair enough and certainly we are far distant from Imperial Rome. Yet their wisdom should never be dismissed or ignored.

Reflect that if one attacks/challenges the King (United States) one must kill him because if you merely wound him, his retribution will be so great as to annihilate you.

as I already explained, both China and Russia has the technology capability to eliminate every possible ability America may have to defend itself including any offensive strike. There is no threat to China or Russia to be concerned about. All of this can be accomplished without using any military action. So tell me TVC what is the correct solution?

Actually you didn't explain anything but simply made a blanket assertion. So, predictably we arrive at the core problem w/ most, if not all, of your claims.

You assert that "Both China and Russia has the technology capability to eliminate every possible ability America has to defend itself including an offensive strike. There is no threat to China or Russia to be concerned about."

And you make this outrageous and utterly preposterous assertion w/o either a solitary fact or a scintilla of evidence to support it; as if saying it, makes it so. This reminds me of the conversations between Alice and the Cheshire Cat.

As a retired petro-chemical engineer, I have some awareness of the impact of technology, primarily in the workplace and by extension, in the military.

The nostrum that China and Russia are technologically advanced nations is a fantasy.

Case in point. In the Oil & Gas fields of the Middle East virtually all the engineering talent is non-Arab. Why? Because the Arab is deficient in the required Math and Science since the schools necessary to train him do not exist. So where do their engineers come from?

Largely from the USA, but also from Central Europe, primarily Germany and the Czech Rep. as well as increasingly from India and Korea due to their technical strength. Neither China nor Russia is a player in this market place and they have an additional burden because of their lack of fluency in English, the language of the workplace on oil rigs and offshore platforms. Why? Because the vast majority of the equipment used at these sites is developed/manufactured in the USA and the technical specifications are written in English.

The workplace in these nations is analogous to their military as one draws support from the other. 

Bottom line is real simple.We have little to fear from the current level of Chinese or Russian technology in imaging, in satellites or in weaponry. 

Well TVC you are correct again, If I knew the technology it wouldn't be a threat. Once a technology is known it can no longer be a threat. That is why it will only be used under certain circumstances. The electric power industry is are most valuable area of concern. I worked in this industry for more than 30 years. Without power, ships don't sail, planes don't fly, trains don't move, trucks and cars don't move, lawnmowers don't run and even flashlights don't shine. Secondly, no form of communications works that means missiles and satellites and sophisticated weapons don't work either. I have traveled to China many times and other parts of the world on business and I know first hand how we matchup in this area around the world. As for your theory that other countries don't understand english is nonsense. There hasn't been a country I have traveled that english was not a second language to most people in that country who hold important positions. There is nothing built in America that cannot be built somewhere else in the world. I have built manufacturing plants all over the world and I have never had any problems getting them up and running with highly skilled workers very quickly. There has never been a problem with language understanding.

TVC we rank very low in the world with the education of our citizens. Our universities  have many foreign students and our companies are attracting more foreigners for their science and tech positions. I worked for billion dollar international companies and most of the science and engineering breakthroughs come directly form these foreign employees. Do not kid yourself any longer technology leadership comes from America. When was the last time you visited a college or university in America? I would estimate that 40% of our college educated graduates couldn't pass a high school equivalency examine.

It is foolish to continue this argument believing we hold the power over other countries. Just look back a few years (75) and see how America is slipping behind. This is not because of bad leadership. Our current position is the result of the effort we the people have put forth.

I disagree Jack, it's because of curriculum like Common Core and farther back what the Progressives did to damage scholastic courses by playing games with such things as college credit for something like Basket weaving, Ebonics studies, and other such nonsense. From the late 1960's the focus on math and Science was downplayed by the Democratic Progressives in control. It's not the people. Other things that destroyed any necessary competition like giving out trophies to everyone who played the games so no one would have hurt feelings. I do agree with you that Americans have fallen back, but NOT for the reasons you cite.

Ah................so it's another of your embarrassingly juvenile, yet predictable posts, and right on schedule.

Well and truly, it's way past time you got over yourself and surrendered your very meager intellectual pretensions which everyone on this site now knows by heart.

Speaking of nonsense, your neurotic compulsion to insist that you are always right and everybody else always wrong, even when they are merely ventilating their opinion, is the hallmark of the intolerant fanatic, among them Mohammed, Robespierre and Trotsky. Fitting company for the likes of you.

As for "my theory" that most of the world doesn't speak/understand English; it's facts on the ground.

* Latins overwhelmingly speak Portuguese/Spanish, if poorly.

* Africans speak their tribal tongue or some the language of their Colonial Heritage be it Belgian, French, Italian, Portuguese and so on.

* Asians speak their native tongue be it Burmese, Malay, Tagalog, and so on; w/the exception of India,as a result of the Raj, and Korea, because of the War from 1950-53.

* The Middle East speaks Arabic.

* Europe has been multi-lingual since the High Middle Ages because the development of vernacular by nation which replaced Latin.

But hey, what do I know compared to a a clone of Marco Polo like you.

In conclusion, your cavalier remark is most revealing and telling about you; "I have built manufacturing plants all over the world.........and I have never had any problems......" Really??? Wow. How humble of you. Engineers I have known and worked with, would never speak in such a pompous tone, as it signals bs is on the way.  

Even the Roman Emperors heeded the warning of their Vestal Priestesses to always use "We" but never "I" when addressing the Roman Senate; as the latter signaled the vices of conceit, hubris and vanity; traits anathema to the Romans; as they were a mask concealing deep seated inferiority and low character.

But keep on blathering and blustering. 

Considering the excesses and outright failures of the Democrats "HELP" programs since the FDR Administration and looking at the extreme similarities between the things that have already happened like LBJ stealing the peoples money out of Social Security by taking the Sequestered funds and replacing them with worthless Government IOU's Government Bonds to Fund the Failed Great Society Fiasco we are still paying for and will well into 2080 and creating Medicare and Medicaid which are also failing fast & compounding that with Obama's Obamacare that is failing even faster. Anyone who even contemplates voting for Hillary needs to see this video and compare what happened in it to what is happening to America today!

M Common Core has nothing to do with our poor education system. I have three close family members in public education and I have eight grandchildren and eight great grandchildren which I play a very involved part in their education. I have reviewed common core inside and out and I can find no particular reason to think it is a threat to our children's education. If I did I would have taken action to keep my kids protected against any harm. Secondly as I have explained many times before the government taking our SS deposits to use on other programs has nothing to do with the debt or with SS going insolvent. It could never exist as it was setup. I have recieved more payments from SS then I have ever payed into the fund and I payed the maximum. SS and Medicare cannot work. It is not feasible to have a retirement and a healthcare system for the elderly, unless we all died around 68 years of age or younger. We the people bought into this scam because it was easy to think the government would care for us when we got old. Well we didn't stop to think who the government really is, it's we the people. We can stand around and complain to the cows come home, the problem is us, each and everyone of us. 

Jack you must have been a government lackey as you assume every one needs SS.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly