We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

There are many people, some who erroneously call themselves conservatives, panting at the idea of and calling for a Constitutional Convention as a resolution to the dilemma of politicians ignoring and violating the current document.  What those poor, demented fools don't understand, despite my numerous attempts to enlighten them, is that the ruling class political elitists will either abolish the current document altogether, which is the most likely outcome, or continue to ignore any restraints on their power.  Power hungry despots, if the Article V idea were to succeed, will only continue the treasonous actions they currently engage in because they hold We the People and the idea of God-given rights to be absurd at the best and dangerous to their absolute power at worst.  Tyrants like barak obama, harry reid, nancy pelosi, mitch mcconnell, and their henchmen see themselves as better, smarter, and more deserving of power than the "unwashed masses" of peasants called We the People and will simply ignore any addendums an Article V would put on them.  The only solutions to our current situation are a return to the Judeo/Christian precepts the nation was founded on or a full blown rebellion as our founders went through, and that rebellion on the doorstep. 

read more:

http://www.conservativedailynews.com/2016/01/article-v-convention-i...

Views: 829

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

M, thank you, you just confirmed my point.  those people do as they please without regard to their actions being legal or moral.  they know that IF they get voted out that their replacement will do the same thing.  a rope will get their attention once a couple of them do the traitor dance at the end of it.

I have been addressing many issues with this representative in Wisconsin' s 81st district (my district.)  I have received responses for the most part, that contradict what I asked or requested he do. This is just another one.

However, it does appear that we have some Representatives that are taking this Article V Convention of the States seriously. And I now have someone I can address.  Considine is not one that supports anything I support.  

Here is his letter.

"February 23, 2016 to:

Dear Ms Foulk,

Thank you for contacting my office to share your support for an Article V convention of the States. I greatly appreciate hearing from my constituents on important issues like these.

You may be interested to know that Representative Bob Gannon (R-Slinger) has recently circulated a co-sponsorship for a resolution calling for a Convention of States.  You can find more information about this and track its process on the Wisconsin Legislature website: http://legis.wisconsin.gov.

While I understand the intention behind an Article V Convention of the States, I do not believe it is the right way to go about changing our federal government. This method of changing our Constitution is unlimited in scope; there are no restrictions on possible changes once the Convention is called.

While I do not support an Article V Convention, I encourage other, more targeted methods like overturning Citizens United. Constituents should also express their concerns about our federal government to their legislators, especially at the federal level. Without citzen input, those who represent you simply cannot do their job.

I believe our government should answer to and be driven by the constituents it serves, and the best way to ensure this is to maintain open communication.  As a state legislator, I make every effort to be available and responsive to my constituents through office hours, listening sessions, and honest, thoughtful conversations. I have received very productive feedback from constituents so far, and I hope to continue this positive communication moving forward.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Feel free to contact me again if you have questions on this or any other state issue.

Sincerely, Rep. Dave Considine 

81st Assembly District "

Now, as you can see, he is not supporting my request and falls back to attack Citizens United Supreme Court action. 

I will be sending him a response. And will be working forward - to find another representative to take his place. Will keep trying.  I am also going to send a message to Rep. Bob Gannon in support of his progress toward Article V Convention .

M I appreciate your attempt to guide me through my question, however, I don't see any value for me to express my views on how SS got into the mess it is in right now. We must accept what has taken place in the past but the question is how do we go forward with this program and afford it as a country and also the medicare program. We can't possibly balance the federal budget with the current system as it stands. Balance budget amendment or not it cannot be done.  That is the only point I am trying to get you to address, if you can't show me how to balance the budget why are we trying to write a law requiring it?

Jack, politicians steal enough money every year to more than run this country, including the domestic promises they have made.  If they would stop financing the un, illegal aliens, moslem terrorists, and their cronies money would not be an issue.  But it comes down to evil people being in control.  I believe a few doing the traitor dance at the end of a rope would solve the problem.

Bob,

I know you are passionate about this, but think of it this way; what you are saying can be severely twisted by the opposition to make all of us look like violent miscreants and negate anything we are trying to accomplish by educating the public. It is not a sell out nor a weakness to use logical prose to get the point across that we won't stand for any more of the corruption and when we regain the power the perps will be obliged to stand trial for their duplicity and do extremely long jail terms and forfeiture of their personal wealth to replace what they absconded with when in office.

that all sounds good but it is just more pie in the sky dreams that won't happen. you believe they will actually comply, don't you?  I know they won't and no amount of talking will change them. don't bother calling me a violent miscreant because I am being practical as that makes you look like a delusional "hope it will happen" dreamer to me.  I know you believe what you say but that has all been shown to be impractical until we find a way to put teeth into our demands and a sure traitor dance at the end of a rope is teeth they will respect, and/or fear.

Bob if you stopped each of the items you mentioned it wouldn't keep the federal government running for a week. SS and Medicare is a massive cost to the budget, not possible to fund.

that's because the crooks have stolen all the money to buy votes with, after they pocketed what they wanted. we need to abolish the federal government, stop trying to buy the world, stop trying to support deadbeats and illegals, take the assets of generations of politicians, stop fighting wars created to enrich the military industrial complex, and get serious about running things honestly.  much of social security and medicare goes to people who shouldn't have it, those who never paid in a dime.  I know we are beyond financial viability but we could help some by doing those things.

Jack,

The first thing to restore SS is for the Government to be barred from ever taking from the fund again and to have them start redeeming their IOU's . Maybe a National lottery with the proceeds to go to the fund that again the Feds would be barred from taking any money and have an amendment to that effect.

Example; The Federal government is permanently barred from using SS funds for anything other than SS payments.

If a National lottery were to be started the funds first would go to redeem all the IOU's in the SS fund, and then to start paying off our outstanding national debt. Once again a National Lottery should be protected by an amendment to prevent Government misuse.

Example; A National Lottery shall be conducted on a weekly basis. The proceeds will be used first for the payout of the prize money which shall be given to the winners tax free. The remaining proceeds shall first go to redeem the SS IOU's, then to pay off all the outstanding national debt that has accrued up to the start of the lottery. Any new National debt borrowing, must be approved by 3/4 of the public in a national referendum vote. When the outstanding debts are fully paid off, the proceeds can then be placed in the General Fund for National use.

These are only examples and the real amendments would have to be simplified even more to prevent any creative interpretation by future Congress chicanery.

M you couldn't raise enough money with a national lottery to run one federal department for 3 months let alone get SS out of the red. You can run the numbers until you are blue in the face there is no possible way to balance the budget as long as SS and Medicare remain on the books. Give my one example, the lottery is a start but it won't even come close to achieve the objective. I have looked at the federal budget for several years and looked at closing many of the departments as others recommended and moving them back to the states. Can't close enough departments fast enough and at the end the federal budget still runs out of money and on top of this so do all the states with the added burdens.

Ok Jack,

Here's a second example, and there are many more left unsaid; put a 15% to 20% extra import surtax on ALL imports to America even if the products are from american Companies who have moved their businesses to foreign nations. Earmark the collected tax to go only to First the SS then when all the IOU's are paid off earmark it to go to the current National Debt. that would have a dual effect, it would bring much more into pay the debts and if the tax more than offset the profit margin the companies gained by moving their businesses they would bring them back here increasing the available tax base and providing jobs that are sorely needed. Bear in mind it would take a goodly number of years for these things to happen just as it took so many years for our current situation to happen. Nothing happens overnight and it would be preferable to having another World War to balance the books.

That is a good example M but still does not work it helps but doesn't come close. Having a 15 or 20% import tax will not help companies to come back to America. The tax is a burden on the consumer, not the manufacturer and the foreign companies can still produce lower than the Amerian company and better quality even with the added tariff. I have many years experience setting up companies in America and around the world, if we start a trade war we will lose that game every time. Markets are won by providing the best products and services for the markets perceived value for those items. Also, SS and medicare are growing at such a rate bringing the IOU money back into the treasury only lessons the SS deficit but the shortage still remains. It's similar to bailing a bucket of water out of a whole at a time when a new bucket of water is added at the same time. The only way you catch up you have to slow the rate of growth. With the way the world economy works today, not 30 or 50 years ago, we would have a very difficult job balancing the budget no matter what cuts we made to the budget as long as the two big programs remain. I know of no easy way to convince the American public that we are taking these two programs away.

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly