We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

Here are the three main parties that are conservative in nature.

Constitution Party
http://www.constitutionparty.com/

Americas Independent Party
http://www.aipnews.com/

Libertarian Party
http://www.lp.org/

Please study the platform and overall organization of these parties and let's discuss them.

Views: 37

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Screamin Eagle on January 18, 2009 at 4:02am

Constitution party is the way to go unless we start something better...
Reply by Peyton Johnston on January 18, 2009 at 5:41am

I like the Constitution Party also.I supported them this last election with what I could afford to give,and voted for them.

The Libertarian Party has an open borders platform,which turned me off.

The only Independent Party that I know anything about is the one that sent me a survey asking who I was voting for,and why.Results to the poll came in later,and everybody is a progressive,and voting for Obama!!I just ignored them after that.

The Constitution Party had a platform that I could fully vote for.
Reply by Roger Titkemeyer on January 18, 2009 at 7:35pm

I checked out the Constitution Party also and no other, so my view may be skewed. However, their platform seemed fully in line with me. I actually joined their meetup group. If I learn more I'll let everyone know what I find. I voted for the independent (as in no party) this past election. He was more passionate and conservative than the R candidate was. He got 16% of the vote! So without any support from anyone but the voters, he almost changed the outcome of the election! We need to now get over the "throwing away our vote mentality." The Republicans are losers and, save a few die-hards, will really fight for nothing.

The Libertarians are very good to a point, then they go too far with drug stuff, etc.
Reply by Joseph Klare on January 19, 2009 at 11:52pm

Let me start by saying that I am a long time Libertarian and a supporter and activist for Marijuana Legalization. But the LP has a miserable election track record and has become fixed in the minds of many as a collection of anarchist dope-smoking hippies.
I've looked at the other comments, then went and checked out the Cont. Party. I looked though the platform to see if they stood with me on what some would term my "pet" issue. They do in that they will not interfere with state rights, but they do't make it a prime issue, which the LP does sometimes, and that is where I think the LP loses some people. I could write for hours on why marijuana and all drugs for that matter should be legalized (failure of drug war, failure of prohibition in general, massive waste of money and manpower, the black market funding terrorists) but it is far from the most important issue we face. Put me down for the Cont. party and a new start for America, and I'll leave you with this from their platform:

The 10th Amendment states: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The 4th Amendment states: "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
The Constitution Party will uphold the right of states and localities to restrict access to drugs and to enforce such restrictions. We support legislation to stop the flow of illegal drugs into these United States from foreign sources. As a matter of self-defense, retaliatory policies including embargoes, sanctions, and tariffs, should be considered.

At the same time, we will take care to prevent violations of the Constitutional and civil rights of American citizens. Searches without probable cause and seizures without due process must be prohibited, and the presumption of innocence must be preserved.
Reply by Roger Titkemeyer on January 20, 2009 at 12:52pm

Joseph Klare
The LP has many issues that they consider private or personal and thus shouldn't be subject to criminality. Some I could agree with, but others absolutely not. By definition mind-altering means that judgment is impaired and it would be intentional. There can be any number of unintentional consequences of that state of mind. We need to get the big stuff done first as a huge, engaged and educated mass of voters and activists, then feel free to pursue your pet issue as you said. But I, for one, won't be joining that fight.
Reply by Joseph Klare on January 20, 2009 at 11:01pm

I see your point of course, but that doesn't mean that the war on drugs for instance has done anything to stop people from taking drugs. I see it as a public health issue as opposed to a criminal one. Prohibition in itself is a failed policy, and the legalization and taxation of drugs would go a long way in alleviating our monetary problems, just to tie it to a bigger issue.
Reply by Erik Holmes Sr. on January 21, 2009 at 1:09am

The Constitution Party is definately the party to choose if you are totally a right-wing conservative, bible-thumping, 2nd Amendment gun-toting, God fearing, Pledge of Allegiance chanting, National Anthem singing, Red-White-and-Blue breathing American. Heres their (The Constitution Party's) seven principles:
1. Life: For all human beings, from conception to natural death;
2. Liberty: Freedom of conscience and actions for the self-governed individual;
3. Family: One husband and one wife with their children as divinely instituted;
4. Property: Each individual's right to own and steward personal property without government burden;
5. Constitution: and Bill of Rights interpreted according to the actual intent of the Founding Fathers;
6. States' Rights: Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government is reserved for the state and local jurisdictions;
7. American Sovereignty: American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, and not entangled in foreign alliances.

I really like what Chuck Baldwin stands for, as well as their pick they had for VP - Darrell Castle. Why should we only be limited to the two major parties, because the Republicans are not totally conservative or trustworthy, right? I wasn't really happy with the choice of John McCain either, although I do love Sarah Palin, since she is a really regular down-to-earth and honest person, who I thought epitomized a normal American-Christian person with good ideals, morals and family beliefs. Plus, she possesses that natural beauty and is nice to look at, and pleasant to listen to (and I don't mean that in a vulgar manner, but very complimentary). I wish that she'd change over to the Constitution Party!! Sarah has more talent, character, and possesses more experience than B.O. could ever wish for in his whole miserable life. I pushed the Constitution Party before the elections, since McCain was too 'wishy-washy', and didn't really possess the energy to fight the good fight. If you're sick of the same ol' junk, check out the Constitution Party!
Reply by Tone Penley on January 22, 2009 at 11:22am

I have been a life long registered Libertarian. I will say that this was the first year I did not vote Libertarian though because I refuse to support Bob Barr. As of now, I am awaiting to see who will emerge from within their ranks. If Barr seems to be there to stay, I will go with the Constitution Party or wherever Ron Paul may end up.
Reply by okpatriot on January 25, 2009 at 6:15pm

The Constitution Party. They are for preserving the Constitution & for what the Founding Fathers intended our country to be.
Reply by Arthur Young on January 26, 2009 at 3:30am

I would like to start our own party if possible. ( I would not be apposed to joining the constitution party though. )
I would like to start the United Soverign American Party. ( Party USA or USA Party.) Just a thought. Arthur
Reply by SonOf1776 on January 26, 2009 at 8:48am

Arthur,

The unfortunate thing is that starting a party from scratch takes a long time and cost a lot of money. I think we are stuck with choosing an existing one.

Please check out Constitution Party. Pretty hard for most conservatives not to like.

The most important thing is that we boot the GOP and unite under a party that mostly fits our needs. We can fine tune it later.

Arthur Young said:
I would like to start our own party if possible. ( I would not be apposed to joining the constitution party though. )
I would like to start the United Soverign American Party. ( Party USA or USA Party.) Just a thought. Arthur
Reply by Arthur Young on January 27, 2009 at 12:56am

I have been talking to other people on this site and they want to revamp the Republican Party. Most people believe that Demons. and Republicans are the only two parties that can win an election. They are not willing to vote third party for fear of liberals taking over. So what we have is the voting for the lesser of two evils. This is what we have to fight against. This is the most common reason why people do not vote third Party. In order to get people to vote third party we tell them that if we can't get enough supporters to win an election then we will vote for the lesser of two evils. In order to get them to vote Third Party I would we willing to compromise in that way. I think if we can't get everyone to go with the same party then we should have a conservative third party primary in order to choose the party that everyone will vote for. Regardless of what we do, in the end we will all need to come together in order to secure the future of our country. Arthur

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly