We The People USA

Citizens Dedicated To Preserving Our Constitutional Republic

TRUMP SAYS CRUZ WILL BE HIS VP CHOICE IF HE WINS THE NOMINATION BUT TRUMP WANTS THE TOP SPOT ON THE TICKET

By soopermexican

After a few jokes about who he might pick for a Vice President on his election ticket if he won the nomination, el Trumpo finally intimated who he would pick.

From the Hill:

Donald Trump on Tuesday named Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) when asked about his possible running mate in 2016.

“Ted Cruz is now agreeing with me 100 percent,” he said when asked about his vice presidential pick, according to Lifezette.

“Well, I like him,” Trump told radio host Laura Ingraham during her broadcast. “He’s backed everything I’ve said.”
Unlike most of the Republican presidential hopefuls, Cruz has mostly refrained from attacking Trump, even appearing alongside him at a rally in September against the Iran nuclear deal.

The pair has also struck similar tones on topics such as border security and illegal immigration.

Still, Trump suggested late Monday that he will turn on Cruz if he becomes a threat to his front-runner status.

“If he catches on, I guess we’ll have to go to war,” he told host Joe Kernen on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.”

Of course it’s Cruz! He has said already that he believes he is the anti-Establishment candidate, and it’s clear that Ted Cruz has been trying to situate himself as the fallback for Trump’s followers if he begins to lose in the polling.

Would Ted take the position if that’s how the election broke? We have many months of speculation left!!

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/trump-reveals-who-hed-pick-as-vice-preside...

Views: 857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by kathyet 3 minutes ago

Why do we have Obama???

Well there are several theories on that based on a host of both rational and irrational people and their simple minded view of the world..

you have the irrational ones that think he was a manchurian cand. who was groomed from birth to become POTUS and cause the downfall of the USA and the western way of life... there are other views these folks have that give a rational view ofamammamamamamamama

WHY AM I WASTING MY TIME TALKING ABOUT HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry everyone

BLADES, I have a problem with Obama being legal, but it's too late now.

As for Cruz, in the Constitution, Article II. Section 1, paragraph 5,

"  No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States." 

(this was from a pocket Constitution prepared by the CATO Institute.)

Not being a Constitutional scholar, it seems very straight forward, doesn't mention having both parents as citizens, nor having to be born in the country -the 14th amendment did make that change so those born in the country became citizens.

Not sure where this leaves Ted Cruz, but many scholars believe he is legally eligible to become President. 

Not a scholar myself Virginia..that said it seems to have been worked out by the many who believe he is eligible...

the people that think hes eligible like me do it because of scholars like Mark Levin as one  that have  assured us that he is eligible...so NO... we didnt work it out, we listened to the experts.

if you have an expert to say otherwise please post it..I would like to here opposing facts 

One sure fire way to find out would be to have a Republican President unseal all the records that Obama sealed on himself, and should some unforeseen chance prove he was not eligible, then everything he signed into law would automatically become null and void. That would trigger a Constitutional crisis. so the powers that be probably would not let that happen.

kathyet, Cruz supports the constitution as he interprets it, that is different from what it really says. The constitution does not say both parents must be born citizens. If that were true Obama would not be president. There is no argument that his father was not a citizen of the United States. If Cruz follows the constitution and it states those requirements, I don't think he would be running for president. I don't support Cruz because he has no good ideas how to fix our country and more important he is the most hated politician ever known. Why would I want to vote for someone who has absolutely no chance of winning? Why bother?

Jack..that is what the establishment..i just posted on Brietbart that the establishment CANNOT EVEN GET DONORS TO CONTRIBUTE TO A SUPER PAC SO THEY CAN RUIN HIM....

Donald Trump

GOP Establishment Operative Can’t Get Donors for Anti-Trump Super PAC

On Tuesday, in an unwitting and probably grudging admission that Donald Trump’s power is not going to erode any time soon, Politico published an article acknowledging that efforts by Katon Dawson, the former chairman of the South Carolina GOP, to form a super PAC for the express purpose of derailing Trump have found no donors willing to commit.

it is difficult to get republicans, in general, interested in any candidate this election cycle. As I stated many times this republican primary is expected to have a very low turnout and the general election will probably end up being the lowest in our history of presidential elections.

Jack, that may depend on what Karl Rove and the establishment leaders decide to do. Based on Rove's track record, he would rather see the US go down the tubes rather than promote someone he did not personally pick to run.

M...Karl Rove is a career political activist...his stature in politic depends on how well he knows how the game is played and can produce results. That certain does not guarantee he can be right 100% of the time. I know of no human being who can claim that record. Rove makes millions of dollars personally each and every year for the past 20 years or more. I think I would be very happy to be in his shoes.

no they cant be right 100% of the time ...but carl rove has shown he can be wrong 100% of the time and being it was in support of the republican party...well his shoes are worn by a THIEF of the highest caliber

After reading that paragraph in the Constitution, here is my take on what it says. That is why I have to defer to the Constitutional scholars who have studied this for years.. Natural born - what was the intend of the founders - first you had to be there, to become a citizen when the Constitution was created, or born there. Second - it does not say to be natural born both parents have to be citizens. Third - If one parent is a citizen and you are born here does that make you a natural born? Fourth, does it make a difference if it is the mother or the father that is the citizen. Sixth, if both parents are US citizens, but the baby is born in another country, is that baby a US Citizen?  And lastly, just what do they mean by natural born - most babies are natural born, unless a caesarian birth  is needed.  So to paraphrase Clinton, it depends on what natural born is. 

Since Cruz was born in Canada, it depends on his mom's citizenship. I believe she was a US Citizen at the time and my belief is Ted Cruz is legally a natural born citizen.  

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Online Magazines

Accuracy In Media
American Spectator
American Thinker
American Conservative
Amer Conservative Daily
The American Prospect
Atlanta Const Journal
The Atlantic Monthly